- 3/4 cup canna-budda**
- 1-1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- **Canna-Butter recipe:
- Combine approximately 4oz. of marijuana (leaves and/or buds) with 2.5 lbs. of unsalted butter in a medium crock pot. Let simmer on low for 30 mins then add 6 cups of boiling water. Simmer all day for 6 to 8 hours. Add more boiling water as needed. Let the mixture cool then strain through a metal strainer and cheese cloth. Squeeze the cloth to get as much butter out as possible. Add another 2 cups of boiling water to extract as much of the butter as possible. If there is a lot of sediment – strain a second time using a new cheese cloth.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight. The next morning take the butter out of the container and discard the water and sediment. Drain the butter on a paper towel for a few minutes to remove all moisture. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until used.
- Yield is approximately 2 lbs of canna-budda which can be used in any baking recipe calling for oil, shortening or butter.
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. 2. Combine canna-budda, brown sugar, milk, almond extract and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture. 3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nut pieces. 4. Drop one ounce balls of dough 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake one cookie sheet at a time at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or 12 to 15 minutes for crisp cookies. Do not overbake. 5. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.